I lead, inspire and manage edgy, interactive web teams and align stakeholders as we develop Internet marketing solutions using state-of-the art digital media.
With more than 15 years of IT experience as a Project Manager and Developer working on major marketing websites and projects my strong background includes working through the entire SDLC, developing proposals, managing work streams and budgets, building relationships and creating value for my company and clients. A creative problem solver with strong verbal communication skills, I work extensively with stakeholders and clients to develop key marketing strategies and technical documents. I have a strong reputation for delivering successful projects are on time and meet specific customer requirements.
Education and Certifications • Villanova University, Master Certification Applied Project Management, July 2009
• Project Management Professional PMP, April 2009
• College for Creative Studies, Detroit MI, Digital Arts: Web Certificate 2008
• Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude
• College for Creative Studies, Fine Art – Painting, Industrial Design, Photography 1986-1989
• Italian, EU Level B2, Linguadue; Milano. Scuola Leonardo da Vinci; Siena and Roma; 2006
• TEFL Diploma, certified Business English, Grammar specialty, i-toi; UK and USA; 2006
• Weekly Webinars keeping up with Internet strategies, metrics and trends: Adobe, AMA, AIGA, Aquent, PMI-SIG
Voice Platform IT Project Manager, OnStar/GM - JDM Consulting January 2011-Present • Utilizing GM-SDP project life cycle development, to implement migration of OnStar Landline Interactive Voice Response migration to the voice platform. Developing Plan and Define phases with responsibilities including risk issue and document development management, presenting status to senior management and coordinating hosting and infrastructure activities.
• Responsible for OnStar Voice Platform product refinement and enhancement of hosted solutions integrated with OnStar's backoffice. Managing change control, risk management while coordinating OnStar development and sustain teams of telematic technology product with vendor/supplier relationships and engagement of Nuance and HP.
• Pilot GM's incremental system development process tools and provide input to the standardized processes for development and documentation.
Interactive Media Operations Manager, BlueWater Technologies May 2010-November 2010 Manage and guide a talented team of software developers, Creative, IT and project management staff developing cutting-edge interactive audio and video display solutions. Responsibilities include developing workflow processes, resource management and recruiting, team building, overseeing infrastructure virtualization, strategizing custom software solutions with the sales division for Fortune 500 companies.
Interactive Web & Marketing – Project Director, Dalton Art & Design 1995-2010
Client-facing and creative role in web development and marketing specialist for high-end hospitality clientele implementing Web 2.0 trends, social media, e-mail campaigns, photography and manage ad-initiatives.
Digital Media Project Manager, Campbell-Ewald Advertising 2008-Jan. 2009 Online Media for Chevrolet Account. Managed multiple Rich Media Banner initiatives targeting conquest, awareness, retention and segment market share. Responsible for all phases of Project Management Process for In-Market and Lifestyle rich-media banner initiatives including Home Page Take Over, Call To Actions and Model Year Refresh. Acted as point-of-contact for multiple vendors and partners. Oversaw work start meetings, quality assurance of metrics for click-thru paths. Wrote status reports of planning, creative, construction and trafficking.
Program Coordinator, Master Gardener Program, MSU Extension Service 1996-1999 Initiated and operated the MSU Extension Master Gardener program in Antrim County which also served three surrounding counties. Completion rate of students was 85% compared with state average of 35% due to organizational skills and mentoring.
Industrial Design Project Director/Account Manager, Dalton & Foles Design, Detroit MI 1985-1995
Industrial & Urban Design Firm. Coordinated marketing, graphics, photography and development projects including: product, exhibit, interior design, transportation and urban design. Directed and produced multi-image and video productions for support materials. Developed visual concepts and mock-ups for client-related materials.
Web Design & Management Tapawingo, Village of Ellsworth, Dalton Art & Design, Dalton & Foles Design, Bellaire Bed & Breakfast Selected Management Projects
• ALPS Automotive: Coordinated design and construction of SAE exhibits. Facilitated establishment of initial presence in Detroit market of first-tier automotive supplier.
• State of Michigan: Project director of historic designation surveys including St. Florian Historic District, the first urban designation awarded in Michigan.
• College for Creative Studies: Director of photography for Industrial Design Department
• Santa Clara County Transit Authority, CA – Coordinated & developed visual presentation for the strategic planning of San Jose Transit System, which obtained federal funding.
Western Michigan University
Meadow Brook: Antrim Cnty. Medical Care Facility
Char/Em Early Education
City of Mountain View, CA
Children’s Creative Concepts Corporation
Santa Clara County Transit Authority, CA
Michigan Bell Telephone Company
Fisher Guide – GM
DuPont Automotive, Troy MI
Wolff Wire Corporation
City of Hamtramck, MI – Joseph Campau Redevelopment Project
Project Management Institute
Information Architecture Institute
Motor City Connect • ConnecTech • DetroitNet.Org • ACM SIGGRAPH-SEMFX
A.I.G.A. American Institute of Graphic Arts
National Museum of Women in the Arts, charter member
Founders Society, Detroit Institute of Arts, member